Boiled water is advised by some health authorities. Boiling removes none of the inorganic minerals, although it does kill the bacteria in raw water if boiled for at least 20 minutes. But the dead bodies of these germs are carried into the system when boiled water is used. Such dead materials furnish a fertilized soil for rapid and lusty propagation of germs already in the body. By drinking boiled water one may avoid live disease germs, but still takes on bacterial soil for the growth of other bacteria.
Filtered water is water which has passed through a very fine strainer, activated carbon or some other mechanical barrier. The use of filtered water is still very popular. Some people think the water which has passed through a filter is purified. They believe that the filter keeps the waste substances and disease germs of the water inside the filter. While it is true that chlorine, some suspended substances and many synthetic chemicals are removed in the filter by filtering, there is no filter made which can prevent bacteria or viruses from passing through its fine meshes. Each pore of the finest filter is large enough for millions of germs to pass through, even those containing silver! Moreover, decaying matter collects on the bottom of every filter. This forms an excellent breeding ground for bacteria. After a filter has been used for a few days the filtered water often contains more disease germs than the water which is put into the filter.